Junior Financial Services Officer - Full-Time Position
All Nations Trust Company (ANTCO) is an Indigenous owned, non-deposit taking, financial institution whose major focus is development lending and equity granting to Indigenous businesses.
Under the direction of the Financial Services Manager, the Junior Financial Services Officer is responsible for providing a suite of financial service support offered by the Company:
- Assist in the full lending cycle duties including due diligence, deal structuring and the management of a portfolio of commercial loans (risk management, arrears, and compliance duties)
- Provision of equity granting programs that assist borrowers in meeting capital requirements
- Business advisory services (business planning assistance and client development)
- Marketing of All Nations Development Corporation (ANDEVCO) financial services and programs
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly loan activity reports as directed by the Financial Services Manager
- Monitor periodic assessment of the portfolio regarding industry sector performance, regional distribution, risk profile and other performance indicators.
Education and Experience:
- Must have secondary school diploma or equivalent; business administration certificate or other education is an asset.
- Lending and securities training would be an asset.
- Additional coursework in financial services industry and marketing is desirable
- Experience in a commercial lending environment and/or with credit granting would be a strong asset.
- May consider other combinations of education and experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- High level of accuracy with great attention to detail
- Knowledge of office procedures and systems
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges facing Indigenous entrepreneurs in BC
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Outgoing, naturally curious about people, and strong inter-personal skills
- Working proficiency with computer technology and office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software as required
- Experience in the field of Indigenous economic development, and/or working with Indigenous communities would be a strong asset
- Must be willing to travel
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence
- Must be bondable
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter clearly indicating how you meet the position requirements to:
All Nations Trust Company
520 Chief Eli LaRue Way
Kamloops, BC V2H 1H1
Facsimile: (250) 372-2585
Deadline for applications: November 5, 2021 by 12:00 pm